Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Washington DC Trip

So my wonderful old roommate and dear friend Natalie who lives in DC just renewed her lease for a year and as a gift for doing so she got a couple of free nights in their guest suite that she graciously donated to Jason and I.  We of course had to take advantage of her offer, and since we only live 6 hours from DC we decided to head up there a couple of weekends ago for a fun family road trip before Jason has to deploy.  Natalie and I first met my freshman year of college but didn't realize how cool we were until we spent the summer as interns in DC together.   I have been dying to go back ever since that summer of 2005, but haven't had the chance until now.  A lot has definitely changed since then, I am married with  a two year old and pregnant with my second.  Natalie is now a hot shot lawyer with an awesome apartment in the city all to herself.   Traveling the city with a child and a stroller is a little less glamorous then how we used to roll back in the day, but it was still a blast.  I did realize I am not as young as I used to be.  My pregnant feet were not very happy with me over the weekend, but it was well worth it. Thank you Natalie for inviting us up and arranging a free place for us to stay!!  It was a fun weekend and I can't wait to attempt it again, next time with a double stroller just for you :)!
                                                  Panda bear at the zoo







                    Its pretty sad that I look bigger than the gorilla in this picture
                                       No snakes for me please


                        Where it all began at the Barlow center, so many great memories there

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Can't wait for the double stroller in the metro. And you do not look bigger than the gorilla. That's silly.