Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Marine Corps Birthday Ball

So Jason and I had to attend the Marine Corps Birthday Ball, and while the thought of getting dressed up fancy for a night out would normally appeal to a girl like me, doing it when I am 7 months pregnant was not exactly ideal.  I remember how difficult it was finding a dress in high school for dances that were modest was a difficult task, but now adding that to finding a dress that would fit my pregnant belly to the mix was an even crazier task.  Not to mention that our budget for a dress I would wear once was virtually nothing.  So who would have known that the dress my mom picked out for me to wear to my junior year homecoming dance ten years ago would actually fit my now large pregnant self.  My sister even had a matching jacket that worked perfect with it.  The evening was still pretty horrifying.  It felt like prom all over again, except I was huge a pregnant with a 2 year old at home.  I definitely felt like a spectacle with all the other tiny girls that still looked like they were in high school wearing gowns that covered the bear minimum were all around.  Not that I can be the only one to complain, Jason's dress blues looked far from comfortable, he could barely move his neck poor guy.  The dinner at the ball was pretty awful so afterwards we went with another couple to the Golden Corral for some fancy buffet dining.  If I didn't feel like a spectacle at the ball I definitely did at the restaurant with everyone staring at the crazy people who were wearing formal gowns and dress blues to the Golden Corral.  We are praying that next year we don't have to do that again!! 




No comments: